Saturday, January 21, 2012

My new hobby!! Oh and some news

I know it's been awhile, but we have been busy. In may/June we moved from Davenport, IA to Slidell, LA and our new house which we love. I need to take some pictures of the outside and inside... It is 4 years old and perfect for us- 3 bedrooms 2 baths. The extra room was originally a guest room but this summer it will gain a permanent tenant, our new baby. We are expecting another surprise due July 17. We also got married October 22 and went on a 9 day honeymoon while Marnie stayed with Boston.
The new house and new pregnancy have inspired a lot of creativity in Flip and I. He built us an entertainment center and a book shelf for Boston's room, among other things.
Marnie and Matt got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I have taught myself to sew and quilt. My quilting is a work in progress but I have made curtains for Boston's room, a baby blanket and a swaddling blanket. I have a lot of other projects in the works for the baby's room and gifts. Anyway I'll include some project pics!

2 comments:

  1. That entertainment center is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I miraculously have wifi at the hostel where we're staying - just got back from safari. Anyway, all these pictures are just amazing. So excited to see all of this, even if from afar. Especially baby's picture! Love and miss.

    ReplyDelete